Food In The News
Interesting tidbits about food in the news.
Ever wonder why are we fatter and sicker than ever?
Kris Gunnars, a nutrition researcher, has assembled graphs explaining how sugar, fruit juice and margarine are to blame.

Farm-raised salmon vs. wild: The gap is closing

Oops…. The activist at Food and Water Watch must really be steamed to read this.

A Tea Party reporter Tamar Haspel, of The Washington Post, dared to  compare wild salmon to farmed raised salmon. Conclusion, farm raised salmon is just as acceptable as wild. 

10 Life Skills We Could All Learn From Professional Chefs” 

WOW…. Someone actually took time to figure out there is more to Chefing than managing a perishable inventory, dealing with people, being a microbiologist, understanding the principles of costing and pricing, or realizing the perception of quality and value. 

You just never know what a chef can teach you.

The Daily Mail is a UK rag that delivers in-depth cutting news. They report on Chipotle’s whopping 1500-calorie non-menu item called the “quesarito.”  A quesadilla wrapped burrito. YUM! Chipotle executives denie the existence of this mammoth beast.
Harvard School of Public Health says.....
"Foods Identified as ‘Whole Grain’ Not Always Healthy"

Harvard School of Public Health new research indicates
Berries May Lower Women’s Heart Attack Risk

Center For Science In The Public Interest delivers                           “The Most Xterem Meals in America”
Xtreme Eating Awards 2013

Tweaking Tastes and Creating Cravings

Have you ever wanted to know what "Natural Flavorings" meant found in the ingredient list of processed foods? 60 Minutes report. 

Is sugar toxic?

60 Minutes reports on the effects of sugar.

Sodium: How to tame your salt habit now

The Mayo Clinic covers the good and bad effects of sodium.

Carbohydrates: How carbs fit into a healthy diet

The Mayo Clinic discusses the differences types of carbohydrates.

Berries Good for Memory?

ABC Nightly News investigates the antioxidants in blueberries and strawberries. 

Chef Gordon Ramsay

ABC's Nightline interviews Chef Ramsay.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Have an hour and a half with nothing to do? Watch Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics give a lecture on sugar.

 Three dots to connect...
  • First, the CIA’s placed the United States 84th in death rates as compared to other countries as stated in The World Factbook. This means here in the USA we have a shorter life span than 83 other countries. You would think since we live in such an advanced country the statistics would reflect more positively.
  • Second, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention statistics show heart disease is the number one killer of people in the USA. For most, heart disease is preventable.
  • Third, National Geographic researched the healthiest people in the world.  They found them off the coast of Turkey.  The linked their longevity to their diet.   Most researchers say the 20 – 80 rule. 20 percent of issues you will face aging are genetic. The other 80 percent is what you put into your body how that will effect you.
Conclusion: What you eat affects your longevity!
Website Builder